4-H Clubs and Programs4-H is the youth development program of our nation's Cooperative Extension System and the nation’s largest positive youth development and youth mentoring organization, empowering six million young people in the U.S. 4-H life changing programs are research-backed & available through 4-H clubs, camps, afterschool & school enrichment programs.
What Do 4-H Members Learn?
There are three areas of educational focus in the Barnstable County 4-H program:
Science, Engineering and Technology
- Special 4-H science camps are held on the UMass Amherst campus in animal science, veterinary science, rocketry, robotics and other science areas.
- Barnstable County 4-H members compete in regional competitions including 4-H Horse Roundup.
- More than 25% of 4-H club members give public speeches at local, county and state events.
- Members document their project work, leadership development and other activites in annual written reports.
Leadership, Community Service and Citizenship
- 4-H clubs collected over 2,675 pounds of food and donated to several Cape Cod Food Pantries.
- 4-H members have the opportunity to develop and practice leadership and citizenship skills by serving as club officers and junior leaders.
- 4-H club members learn how to work with others, delegate responsibility and manage projects.
2019-2020 Enrollment Forms
Click here for 4-H Member Enrollment Forms 2019-2020
Barnstable County Visual Presentation & Communication Program
March 6, 2020 *You must be a current 4-H member to participate*
Click here for VP 2020 Brochure